You may complete problems on percent of change on IXL (passwords here):
- Percent of Change
- Word Problems
The Grade 8 Formula Sheet for the Math PSSAs has a lot of useful information.
You may also review customary & metric conversions on IXL (passwords here):
Hint: To convert from a bigger unit to a smaller unit, multiply. To convert from a smaller unit to a bigger unit, divide.
- Estimate Customary Measurements
- Estimate Metric Measurements
- Customary unit conversions
- Metric unit conversions
- Temperature conversions
Review 3D shapes using this website. Make sure you go through each tab:
- About Tab – Click on each shape.
- Quiz – Name the 3D shape.
- Edge / Vertices / Faces – Review these terms here.
- Views – Examine each view.
- Drawing – Try drawing a 3D figure using the tips.
- Nets – Identify each net.
You may also explore surface area and volume of 3D shapes on this
website. Make sure you go through each
If you are completed early, you may also practice on IXL (passwords here
Today, you are reviewing how to classify triangles and quadrilaterals.
- Watch BrainPOP (username icscharter, eagles) for triangles and polygons
- Log into IXL (usernames & passwords listed here)
If you have some free time during winter break, feel free to practice the following links on IXL:
Today we will be practicing to find discount:
- Shopping at Troy’s Toys
- Math at the Mall
- Video on how to find sale price (with sound)
- Consumer math
- Percent Word Problems (1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3)